JOB TITLE: Director of Development
ORGANIZATION: Tulsa Historical Society & Museum
APPLICATIONS DUE: February 10th, 2023
DESCRIPTION: The Director of Development will be responsible for directing and planning, implementation, and administration of fund development programs. Reports to the Executive Director.
– Work with the board of directors of the THSM and the Executive Director to establish funding priorities and strategies for achieving desired goals.
– Design and implement a coordinated development program which may include: Individual and major donor development; Private corporate foundation solicitation; Annual giving, grants, underwriting, and special events; Grants and major gifts for capital, exhibition, and special projects; Planned giving and major gifts for endowment.
– Management of full-scale grant program from foundations, corporations, and government (federal and state) sources.
– Refine the membership program to improve cultivation of new prospects, retention of members, and conversion to higher levels of support.
– Expand major donor base through ongoing cultivation and solicitation of donors.
– Enhance the corporate support program.
– Oversee day-to-day administrative tasks related to development.
– Assist the Executive Director and Board in all aspects of the development program.
– Work with other staff members to produce social media and hard copy materials.
– Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Five years minimum of fund development experience.
– Significant experience and quantitative success in major gift fundraising.
– Broad knowledge of fundraising ethics, principles, practices and techniques.
– Knowledgeable of Tulsa’s philanthropic community.
– Exceptional oral and written communication skills and interpersonal competency.
– Skill in establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative work relationships with potential funding sources and with the THSM board of directors.
– Fundraising certification preferred.
– Knowledge of fundraising software.
Salary Range: $65,000 – $80,000
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume to Tulsa Historical Society & Museum, 2445 S. Peoria, Tulsa, OK 74114 or by email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.